Karnataka is surely a numerous world in one State.
How frequently have you come across a nation in India that has some distance-ranging topographies like the ancient ruins of Hampi with enormous expanses of rocks and boulders, whilst on the alternative hand, there are hill towns like Coorg and Sakleshpur whose coffee plantations host traffic from some distance and wide?
And then we have a beautiful coastline that includes Gokarna and the many beaches of Mangaluru, which together make Karnataka an explorer’s paradise!
There is lots to see and discover at these hidden beauties in Karnataka. These untouched lovely lands are packed with nature’s bounty and make for a paranormal vacation. There are a plethora offbeat locations to go to in Karnataka and each one is full of the wonderment of beaches, backwaters, greenery and unique manner of life. Here are some secret places in Karnataka that are genuinely really worth a go to.
1. Forest Shrines, Gerusoppa
This Jain temple complex looks beautifully set amidst the vast greenery with its intricately carved pillars. The shrines at Gerusoppa are among Karnataka’s most beautiful offbeat sites. The walk to discover this secret paradise through dense woods is nothing short of an adventure. The Queen Chennabhairadevi built this complex, and once it had over 100 shrines.
- Location: Gerusoppa is located some 30 km from Jog falls
- How to Reach Forest Shrines: Cross the Gerusoppa dam and go along with the river, you can also take a boat all the way to the temple complex.
2. Bandaje Arbi Falls, Manipal
These gushing milky white waterfalls surrounded by way of serene natural beauty makes for a marvellous sight. It is one of these offbeat locations in Karnataka that are surely worth a visit. The region receives a number of rain and the hilly terrains carve out a perfect pavement for the rainwater to drift downhill. Hiking to this region is a superb manner to experience the refreshing scenery of the area.
- Location: Charmadi ghat section of the Western Ghats in the Belthangady taluk of Dakshina Kannada district
- How to Reach Arbi Falls: Trek from Valambra near Somanthadka village to the Charmadi Ghat.
3. Floating Chapel, Shettihalli
The mysterious gothic fashion structure of the Floating Chapel appears enchanting and is one of the unexplored places in Karnataka. Even though the roof of Rosary Church has collapsed, it looks hauntingly beautiful with the remnants of its architectural beauty. It was built by the French missionaries in the 19th century. One can take a great view of this area on a boat and float through the chapel that is partially immersed in water.
- Location: On the side of Hemavathi River in the town of Shettihalli in southern Karnataka
- How to Reach: Take a diversion near Hassan on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway and ask for Gorur Dam. The chapel can be easily seen from the bridge connecting Shettihalli to Gorur Dam.
4. Hoysaleswara Temple, Hassan District
Hoysaleswara temple also known as the temple of Halebidu is a wonder that blows you away with its magnificent architecture. A stunning reflection of the Hoysala architecture, this place is one of Karnataka ‘s best offbeat places to explore. This Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva from the 12th century still tells silent tales of its glorious past.
- Location: Halebidu, a town in the state of Karnataka
- How to Reach: Halebidu is connected by road and rail to Hassan. You can reach via 4 hours drive accessible with a four-lane NH75 highway through Hassan. It is also very close to Belur. As well.
If you’re looking for great weekend getaways from Bangalore then planning a trip to Agumbe is a must. This beautiful spot is also referred to as South India’s ‘Cherrapunji.’ Relaxing and rejuvenating, it has the perfect soothing environment. Thanks to being one of Karnataka’s unexplored areas, Agumbe is surrounded by untampered greenery, waterfalls and spectacular views. If you enjoy being in nature, you will fall in love with this place.
- Location: In the Shimoga district of central Karnataka
- How to Reach: Agumbe is near the Someshwara Wildlife Sanctuary and is accessible by road around 24 Kms from Shringeri.
6. Karighatta Black Hill
Another of Karnataka’s offbeat hill stations is this wonderful Karighatta Black Hill beauty. This place is all about tranquil lakes and hilly topography. Those who love nature can enjoy this green paradise ‘s stunning flora and fauna. It is also the ideal place to watch bird enthusiasts and trekkers. Karighatta temple is the place’s famous attraction.
- Location: Situated a few kilometres outside the island town of Srirangapatna
- How to Reach: Reach Malavalli by road and then take Malavalli – Mysore road. At Bannur, take the deviation to go on Srirangapatna road and reach Karighatta.
7. Malpe beach, Udupi
Karnataka is blessed with some pretty sandy stretches when it comes to beaches. Two of Karnataka ‘s favorite beach destinations are Gokarna and Mangalore. But if you are looking for offbeat beach experience in Karnataka, especially beaches, then head to Udupi. Malpe Beach is situated close to Manipal and offers one of Karnataka ‘s best offbeat beach experiences. Moreover, some more unexplored places like the St. Mary’s Island waits for you nearby.
- Location: Malpe, Udupi
- How to Reach Malpe beach: Malpe Beach is located 6 km from Udupi
These unexplored places in Karnataka are waiting to be explored and if you wish to take a trip to such wonderful destinations then don’t give a second thought, just pack your bags and get moving.