1. 15 members of the Rajamouli family worked on the series.
His father, Vijayendra Prasad wrote the story, MM Keeravani his cousin composed the music and Rama Rajamouli, his wife takes care of the costumes. His daughter even danced on the song ‘Saahore Baahubali’ in the movie and his son was the second unit director.
2.Prabhas devoted 5 years of his career to the Baahubali series.
The man showed his commitment towards the character and the series that was physically demanding. He didn’t take up any other project from 2012 to 2017. Except for a cameo in Sonakshi Sinha- Ajay Devgn starrer ‘Action Jackson’ in 2014.
3. The climax sequence, alone, cost 30 crores.
Director S.S.Rajamouli‘s grand way of storytelling came with a price. The climax sequence which was about the final showdown between apna hero and villain was shot on a massive budget of 30 crores. Imagine how many flats you could have brought with that amount of money!
4. There were 2500 VFX shots in the movie.
With over 36 studios around the world working on the project, the movie had 2500 VFX shots. 1,300 VFX artists worked on the project to make it what it is.
5. The budget for the whole series comes up to ₹430 crores.
Baahubali: The Beginning was made on a budget of ₹180 crores. Baahubali: The Conclusion was made a massive budget of ₹250 crores.
6. A book called ‘The Rise Of Sivagami’ was released before Baahubali 2 hit the theatres.
The makers came up with a lot including a comic book and a mini-series. They also came up with a prequel to the series that focused only on Sivagami’s rule in Mahishmati. Anand Neelakantan finished writing the first draft of the entire novel in 64 days and edited it within 108 days
7. It released on record-breaking 9,000 screens worldwide.
The shows even started at 6 am in the morning in a few parts of South India. The screen-count in India came up to 6,500 all over.
8. The set was constructed with the help of 2,500 people.
Sabu Cyril made 1,500 sketches for Mahishmati and the sets still remain intact at the Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad.
9. 1,500 pieces of jewelry were made for the characters in the movie.
All the jewelry the characters wore in the movie were custom made. Designers used silver metal with gold paint to give authentic appeal and time appropriate.
10. The makers gifted Prabhas gym equipment worth ₹1.5 crores.
The character of Baahubali was physically demanding for Prabhas. The makers installed gym equipment in his house. For the second installment, he had to go from 82 kgs to 102 kgs, that’s almost 20 kgs.
Which of these facts surprised you? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.