The Home Affairs Ministry has issued new guidelines for the fifth lockdown phase scheduled to start on Monday, June 1.
The ministry said all practices previously banned would be opened up in a staggered manner in areas beyond containment zones, with a provision that they will meet SOP’s prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
What’s ON ?
- Interstate movement of people and vehicles without the requirement of e-permit
- Intrastate movement of people and vehicles
- Movement of any type of goods and cargo for cross land-border trade
- Night Curfew timing relaxed, it will now be observed between 9 pm and 5 am
Condition– A state or UT can still restrict people’s movement based on public health reasons, provided it advertises broadly in advance regarding the restrictions and the procedures to be followed.
After June 8- Unlock 1
- Religious places of worship like Temples, Mosques, Gurdwaras and Churches
- Shopping Malls
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Remaining hospitality sector
Condition – The reopening of the above places will be regulated by social distancing norms and other regulatory steps which the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will release soon.
What’s OFF ?
- Schools, colleges, educational, training and coaching institutions. The government said it will take a decision in July after consulting the states and Union Territories. The government said the states and UTs can also consult parents at the institution level to see if schools can be reopened.
- International flights, except those allowed by the Home Ministry.
- Metro rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large gatherings.
- No movement allowed across the country from 9 pm to 5 am, except for those in essential services.
- No non-essential services allowed in containment zones.
Dates for the opening of the above activities will be decided in Phase III, based on a situation assessment. However, lockdowns must continue to be strictly enforced in the exclusion areas.
Schools , colleges, educational / training / coaching institutions, etc., will be opened in Phase II following consultations with states and territories of the Union.
State governments / UT administrations were advised to meet with parents and other stakeholders at institution-level. A decision on the re-opening of these institutions will be taken in July, based on the feedback.MoHFW will prepare SOPs for these institutions.
Activities allowed in containment zones from June 1
Only essential services like grocery, bakery, medicine, vegetables
Hoping & Praying for things to get better. Do comment your opinion about the new guidelines by the Government.